Tuesday, 15 September 2015

The Tailor's Girl by Fiona McIntosh

السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ,


My review:
I absolutely love this book and I rate it 4.5/5 stars. If you’re into post-war, family, love and cliché romance then this is definitely for you.

This book follows the mysterious ‘Jones’, a former soldier who suffer memory loss. He has completely no recollection of his past and he was being nursed in a hospital.

After that he met Eden Valentine, a daughter of an amazing tailor with her own aspirations and dreams. This however is not a pleasing characteristic for a woman to have during that time. But ‘Jones’ beg to differ and that’s when Eden finds herself falling for this mysterious man.

It deals with love, family matters, loyalty, and my favourite of all; feminisim. Eden is quite a strong character with …
*someone’s crying outside my house across the road… poor girl*
Back to Eden, she is very strong because life had thrown her so many blocks along her path but she just keeps going through them stronger and wiser. If there was a book about Eden all by itself, I’d totally indulge in it for hours.

This book is mostly about their love story but with plot twists here and there which will make your heart beats as if you’re reading an action packed book. I was always agitating with anxiousness while reading this book. The reason being is because there are many unfortunate events that tries to separate the two.

I initially gave it a 5 star rating but to be honest the plot is cliché indeed. But amidst the cliché-ness I just love how McIntosh just draws up all the characters to be wise and rational. It is hard to hate anyone in this book, except for like one person but I can really see where the character is coming from with the whole anger she reflects.

As I saw one review on goodreads, it says McIntosh provides a very cosy read. I agree completely, it’s just a nice romance read that one needs once in a while. I really enjoyed just picking up the book and read it with a cup of coffee, had some pasta and while enjoying some time alone at home. Ahh… pure joy.


All in all, it’s a great read. One of the most satisfying I had in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interaction from you guys makes me happy :)