Monday, 30 January 2017

So how to parent??

Parenting is hard. Being an aunt is also quite challenging. You’re constantly torn between wanting to make them happy all the time and compromising but you also have to decide in split seconds about what to do in certain situations. You’ll start mapping their lives and realize what you do right now to them will result into the kind of person you contribute to the society. You’ll realize that as an older person you are automatically responsible to become a good example. Children learn by actions

People say kids are like sponges. Wrong. I don’t know what they are but they’re amazing. A sponge has a maximum capacity as to how much they can retain. Kids don’t, at least I don’t think so. They absorb more than what you teach them. The world outside is crazy and when they come back home from school they’ll present to you things that you don’t know how to handle.

“Tak tahu dari mana dia belajar ni” ayat standard la perbualan orang-orang dewasa.

They test you they make you question your moral standards. They make you angry but can wipe it all away with a single “thank you ciksu”. Or when they sleep and you’ll find yourself staring at them; thinking what a precious child.

As a female hooman it’s normal to constantly think about having children. I do. But I don’t think I can ever be ready to have children. The things I have to give up, the times that I have to compromise. And I am built to get what I want and have things my way. So how do I parent?


And that’s just from the perspective of an aunt who spends at maximum a few weeks with them, imagine being a parent who’s with them every second. Parenting isn’t easy. Be nice.

4 comments:

  1. Yes parenting is not easy. Tengok parents lain pening kepala melayan anak. Hee. But still I want child. Insyallah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too. harap2 ada strength nak parent TT

      Delete
  2. now imagine parenting alone....not 1 kid...hahahahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't even begin to imagine *insert stressed emojis*

    ReplyDelete

Interaction from you guys makes me happy :)